Thursday, July 22, 2010

Natchez Trace Parkway, a few years ago

Several years ago, I got notice from Efram Zimbalist, Jr. that I'd better pay up on a speedin' ticket in my name writ on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Since this was before the era of Breitbart and Fox Noise, one fone call cleared up the cornfusion. See, I'd never been there! Well, several years later I decided that we should examine this Parkway. I have some pictures of it elsewhere on this blog from a recent drive on the beautiful road, but here are some pictures taken years ago on our first drive on the Natchez Trace Parkway.


She Who Must Be Obeyed™ restin' up before hitting the trail.


A portion of the original pathway.


Looking out from a shady spot.


A front porch is always a good idea.


Swampy trees.


Another well-worn section of the original Natchez Trace Parkway.

No comments: