Monday, October 20, 2008

Trip Preparations

I've been getting Windy ready today for the trip Nawth. First it was a drive to the Discount Tire store to check the balance on the front tyres. Apparently, DT doesn't make enough money on 19.5 tyres, so they refused to do work they've done in the past, saying somebody's tyre blew sometime somewhere. Hawgwash. 19.5s are safe since they're one piece wheels.

Anyhoo, after a good grumble, I washed up Windy and it looks goood.

Tomorry I'm gonna get an off-air digital receiver and rig an electronic antenna and run all that thru the satellite receiver so the tv system will be up to date for the 'digital conversion' coming next year. DirecTV's H20 receivers will pick up off-air broadcasts and incorporate those channels into the guide. Two problemos I have are that the newer H21 receivers don't pick up off-air channels and the satellite tooner in the Windy is an older model anyhoo. But my older model does pass thru off-air tv. I'll upgrade it when I ditch the reg'lar tv and put an hdtv up front. Then I'll have off-air and satellite hd. I'll probably never go outside.... no, wait, I can watch tv outside. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!


No comments: